Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Green Thumb

As a child, I can always remember, my father being out in our yard planting flowers, tending to his garden, etc. We always had an abundance of flowers in our house (must be why I adore flowers so much) and more fruits and vegetables than we knew what to do with. It must be where I get my love of gardening from. Thanks dad and this post is dedicated to you!

While my mother-in-law was here to visit, she got Jameson a gardening kit. He absolutely loves it and enjoys helping me out in the garden. In order to get our garden started, by preparing the soil. This was Jameson's favorite part because it consisted of getting dirty.


 Once the soil was prepared we added the seeds to the pot, which will eventually be added to our bigger garden.

I must say that things grow exceptionally well here in the Delta. We have lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, plums, pomegranates, herbs, and watermelons just to name a few. I am beyond excited about my garden this year. Stay tuned to see how our garden grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment