I began having labor pains that Saturday night and after speaking to my friend Kelli and the nurse at the hospital that Sunday morning, I knew that we better get ready to head on over the border, the TN border to be exact. Yes, we drove to Memphis to deliver.
We left Cleveland around 11am to make our way to the hospital. With just an hour or so left until we get to the hospital, we notice police cars on the interstate. They had both sides of the interstate blocked. "Great" I think as Jamey pulls up to the police car to explain to the cops that his wife was in labor.."My husband is going to have to deliver this child, in this pouring rain, in this car". Not an ideal situation for any woman that is in labor. Come to find out, there was a hot wire down in the middle of the interstate. Fortunately we did not have but a 15 minute wait and my contractions were about 7 minutes apart.
We arrive at the hospital a little after 2pm. Once they admit me into the hospital they inform me that they will deliver the baby around 5:30, as soon as the doctor arrives. Our family is still several hours away, no one is there to watch Jameson so that Jamey can come to the delivery room with me-I start to panic internally.
"I HAVE to have my husband in there with me! What am I going to do? Can I just wait until later that night to deliver so that a family member can be watch Jameson? I can tolerate the pain until then"
All these thoughts going through my head. God was definitely taking care of everything as I sat there worried because the next thing I know the nurse came in and told me that another nurse was going to watch Jameson so that Jamey could be with me! What a GOD WINK!
At 5:46 pm my life changed again as we welcomed our little girl, Avery Sahel into this world. In such a short time I was overwhelmed with an enormous amount of love as soon as I heard her cry. I didn't have to see her because I had already began loving her the day I found out that I was pregnant.
NANA & BUBBA
PAPAW & ANA
THE PROUD BROTHER
HEADING HOME
No comments:
Post a Comment