Saturday, September 8, 2012

DSU @ ECSU

Jamey is bringing home a WIN from Elizabeth City, his first win as a Statesmen! The final score from NC was 26-7. This win definitely makes this long (nearly 2000 miles) and difficult road trip- worth it, making the Statesmen 1-1.

During last weeks game, the team definitely struggled in their season opener against Fort Valley. I, along with many fans, are glad that the team was able to work out some of the kinks and pull out a win.  DSUs offense had a total of 497 yards compared to ECSUs 209.  Defensively the team did a great job and made big stops, specifically holding Elizabeth City at the 2 yd line.

The team has a bye-week this upcoming week then begin their first game (Sept 22) in conference play against North Alabama at 6pm. This also happens to be something known as Pig Pickin'.
Though I have heard people talk about it, I honestly won't know what it is until I get to experience it for myself. From what I understand, it is a big deal around here. So until next time....


Respect the Statesmen
Fear the Okra

No comments:

Post a Comment